Subject: Re: Page flip
From: "Dennis R. Harp" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 12:28:01 -0800

Sorry this is a little late, but I've been away a couple of  
days.  The _simplest_ method I have found to emulate a page flip  
involves doing a 10 - 15 frame morph into the curled page, while  
doing an ease-in, ease-out rotation about the bound axis of the  
page.  As soon as the page is within 10 - 15 frames of the flip  
being completed, I morph back to the uncurled page.  To save on disk  
space, I took the last IFF in the sequence to be the background  
image for the next page flip.  That way, I kept using the same  
animation over and over, only with different images mapped to the  
pages each time.  Of course, this will only work if one page is  
flipping at a time.  However, it worked seamlessly for me, and I  
just pasted the different clips back-to-back in the Flyer and no one  
ever knew.
	All the comments others made about orienting and  
subdividing the page are certainly valid, and of course the axis of  
rotation of the page will need to be placed appropriately.

						Dennis Harp.